Thursday, May 30, 2013

Tuamotus

Quick post--we're having dinner at a little awesome food truck restaurant, and I'm trying to learn to play a ukulele.

Earlier today Mahine (the taxi driver that picked me up at the Nuku Hiva airport that Ben befriended) took us to his village in Controller Bay and gave us a ton of fruit. Breadfruit, Papaya, Limes, Mangoes, and Pampelmousse (spelling??). It would have cost us at least 25$ in the market, and he was really excited to unload some fruit from his gardens (yes, plural) instead of leaving them to rot.

Fun things I learned today: mosquitos love me, even if I'm covered in deet. Lime trees are thorny. Ukuleles are really difficult to play. My fingers are not that talented.

Heading out early tomorrow after we pick up our baggettes (again, spelling? French sucks. No offense, frenchies.)

Ciao!

No comments:

Post a Comment