Monday, August 19, 2013

Nuku'alofa

The best thing about Tonga is the people (are the people? It's too early in the morning for correct grammar.) They're so friendly and are always willing to talk to you. The opening line is "Where are you from?"

The worst thing about Tonga? Mosquitos. Holy skeeters, I'm being eaten alive wherever we go.

We've just been hanging around the boat, fixing and cleaning things and packing up whatever Ben wants me to take back to the States. It's been really great to just chill and not have to run around and see EVERYTHING before I leave.

After 3 months of sailing I realized (once we were in Tonga) that the passage from Niue was my last sail! So I made Ben take me out for a couple of day sails to see the whales (not too close, please) and make sure I had learned how to helm Kyanos. Check and check.

It's really difficult leaving Ben and sailing and Kyanos, but luckily I'm excited about finishing up school in Reno and seeing all the folks back there.


A particularly cool sunset while on passage to Tonga. 

No comments:

Post a Comment